***This course is not officially sponsored by MikroTik and not an authorized course by MikroTik. We are neither affiliated with nor endorsed by MikroTik. We respect the Trademarks of the mentioned company and institution.***
What you'll learn
- Understand the Free to Use frequencies (2G & 5G)
- Understand the different WLAN bands (a, b, g, n, ac)
- Understand how much bandwidth each band can provide
- Understand how to use Frequency Usage tool
- Understand how to use Spectral Scan tool
- Understand how to use Spectral History tool
- Understand how to align 2 MikroTik AP's to each other using the alignment tool
- Understand the different type of Frequency mode
- Understand how to adjust the Tx power
- Understand what means chain in wireless
- Understand the difference between SISO and MIMO
- Understand the 2 types of MIMO: SU-MIMO vs MU-MIMO
- Understand the difference between data rate basics and supported
- Configure the wireless to avoid data rate flapping
- Understand what is the Signal to Noise Ratio (SNR)
- Understand what is the Client Connection Quality (CCQ)
- Understand the difference between Frames and HW Frames
- Understand how to manipulate advanced wireless features such as Distance, Noise Floor Threshold and HW Fragmentation Threshold
- Understand what is RTS/CTS and CTS to self
- Understand what is Guard interval
- Understand the different type of Frequencies
- Know the effect of the Channel Width on the Bandwidth
- Understand what is Channel Bonding
- Understand the difference between short and long Guard Interval (GI)
- Understand the benefit of using Nstreme and NV2 protocols over 80.11
- Understand how polling works on Nstreme and how TDMA works on NV2
- Configuring Nstreme with frame aggregation
- Configuring NV2
- Configuring Full Duplex wireless links using Nstreme dual
- Understand problems of Wireless bridging
- Configure bridging on MikroTik wireless environment using Station Bridge mode
- Understand when to configure wireless bridging use Station Pseudobridge and Station Pseudobridge Clone
- Understand and configure Wireless bridging use EOIP tunnel
- Understand and configure Wireless bridging use MPLS/VPLS tunnel
- Understand the difference between Static and dynamic security keys
- Understand and configure management protection against de-authentication attacks
- Understand and configure Access-list for Wireless
- Understand and configure Connect-list for Wireless
- Understand and configure WDS as dynamic and static mode using RSTP
- Understand the difference between reactive and proactive mode on wireless Mesh
- Understand and configure wireless Mesh as dynamic mode using HWMP+
- Required to have MikroTik MTCNA knowledge
- Have experience with MikroTik products
Wireless has became an essence in the IT industry, we do have wireless everywhere: at home, at work, in the restaurant, in the airport .... and everywhere.
MikroTik have a very reputable hardware when we speak about wireless. In addition of the WLAN, MikroTik devices works perfectly in the outdoor environment and they can be deployed for Point-to-Point and/or Point-to-Multipoint wireless networks. The only drawback is that configuring the wireless correctly on the MikroTik routers is a challenge.
For this reason, I have designed this course to be such a reference for you in case you want to deploy a wireless network using MikroTik products, or in case you want to be ready for the MikroTik MTCWE exam.
In this course I will cover the following topics:
- Wireless Fundamentals,
- Wireless Tools on MikroTik
- Wireless Frequency mode and TX power change
- MikroTik Wireless Data rate and chains
- Wireless Link Quality - Troubleshooting
- Channel Width, Channel Bonding & Guard interval
- Wireless Protocols: Nstreme vs NV2
- Nstreme Dual
- Wireless Bridging on MikroTik
- MikroTik Wireless Repeater
- Wireless Bridging using EOIP and MPLS/VPLS
- Wireless Security
- Wireless WDS and Mesh
If you want to become a professional MikroTik wireless engineer and be ready for the MikroTik MTCWE exam, I advise you to take my course which will surely help you to get what you want.
- Wireless engineers who wish to master the wireless on MikroTik products
- Students who want to prepare for the MikroTik MTCWE exam
Hello everyone. My name is Maher Haddad with a very long experience in the IT sector. I hold a Bachelor in Computer Communications and a Master in Computer science.
I work as a trainer and I hold the following certificates: CCNA, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CCDA, CCNP R&S, CCDP, Microsoft MCP, Microsoft MCSA , MikroTik MTCNA & MTCRE, MTCWE, MTCUME, MTCTCE, Huawei HCNA, CWTS, LigoWave NFT engineer, LigoWave DLB Engineer, GVF Level1, GVF level2, GVF Level3 and much more.....
My experience in IT goes to year 2003 and I have been working all my life for international Internet Service Providers (ISP's) in different countries in the world.
You can visit my Facebook page as well as my YouTube channel where I set a lot of online labs.
I hope you will enjoy watching my courses.