VLAN & VXLAN on MikroTik with LABS (RouterOS v6 & v7)
Understand and configure VLAN and VXLAN on different MikroTik products (RB, CRS & CSS) using RouterOS and SwOS
What you'll learn
- Understand why we need VLAN's in our networks
- Understand the different between Trunk and access ports
- Configure VLAN's on RouterOS (prior version 6.41)
- Configure VLAN's on RouterOS using the Switch Board
- Configure VLAN's on RouterOS without using the Switch Board
- Understand and configure Q-inQ
- Configure VLAN's on MikroTik Cloud Smart Switch (CSS) using SwOS
- Configure VLAN's on MikroTik Cloud Router Switch (CRS)
- Configure VLAN Management in CSS Switches
- Configure VLAN Management on CRS Switches
- Configure VXLAN on RouterOS v7
- Configure VLAN over EOIP Tunnel on RouterOS v7
Configure Port-Based VLAN on CRS3xx series using RouterOS v7
- Configure MAC-Based VLAN on CRS3xx series using RouterOS v7
- Basic network knoweldge
- Knowledge of the TCP/IP protocol
Configuring VLAN's on MikroTik products can be a challenge. There are different ways to create VLAN's and the configuration differs from a MikroTik product to another.
For this reason, I have created this course to show you all possible ways of creating VLAN's on MikroTik products. This will include configure VLAN's on RouterBoards using the RouterOS, on CRS switches using RouterOS, as well as on MikroTik CSS switches using SwOS.
Finding information on the internet of creating VLAN's on MikroTik products is very limited, so this course can be used as a reference in case you want to create VLAN's in your production network.
To be able to practice all LABS of this course, you require to have physical hardwares as following:
- Internet service
- 2 x RB such as RB941 or RB951
- 1 x CSS switch such as RB260
- 1 x CRS switch such as CRS109
- 2 x CRS3xx series switches such as CRS326
- 5 x UTP cables
- 1 x PC
I hope you will enjoy this course and I will see you inside.
- Students who wants to understand how VLAN's work and how to apply them on MikroTik products
- MikroTik engineers who want to implement VLAN's in their production networks
Hello everyone. My name is Maher Haddad and I am a Certified MikroTik Trainer, Cisco Authorized Instructor and LigoWave Authorized Trainer.
I have decided to make this online school to share my knowledge to the community. All my courses are based on theory and hands-on LABS so you can practise while learning.
More than 100K happy students have joined mynetworktraining.com up to year 2022.
I hope you will enjoy watching my courses.
StartIntroduction - VLANs on RouterBoards (RouterOS) (1:06)
StartLesson 5 - LAB #5 - Configuring VLAN's with DHCP - Part 1 (17:17)
StartLesson 5 - LAB #5 - Configuring VLAN's with DHCP - Part 2 (12:28)
Preview61- VLAN's using the Switch Chip (19:01)
Start62- VLAN's without using the Switch Chip (10:40)
Start63- QinQ implementation (17:04)