What Will I Learn?
- Understanding in depth what is DHCP and how it works
- Understanding how to use DHCP and PPPoE to distribute internet to customers
- Understanding the use of PCQ Queuing
- Understanding what is the function of Access ports and Trunk ports when using VLAN's
- Understanding what is the need of Network Address Translation (NAT) and why we need to use it
- Understanding in depth what is PPPoE and how it works
- Understanding how to use Mangle with QOS queeing to assign each customer a bandwidth speed on upload and download
- Understanding what VLAN is and how to configure it on MikroTik
- Understanding how to use VLAN together with DHCP and PPPoE to distribute internet to customers
- You should be familiar with TCP/IP Protocol
- You should have basic networking knowledge
- You should have a beginner knowledge level in MikroTik
- You should have Routing & Switching knowledge
Many of you would like to start an ISP or possibly are working for an ISP to distribute internet service to customers. For this, it requires a lot of technical knowledge to be able to:
- Reach the internet to the customer premises using technology such as DHCP or PPPoE
- Assign each customer a bandwidth speed
- Configure the ISP router to be able to divide the bandwidth per customer using VLAN's and QOS.
- Sometimes, helping the customer to configure Queuing on his bandwidth to assign each user in his LAN an equal/unequal bandwidth.
For this, I have designed this course to explain in deep of all those topics. My lectures will be based on theory following practical LABs to show you how you can configure those things on the MikrotTik router. The LABs are based on step-by-step with a very friendly way so you can understand the contents in an easy way.
All LABs will be based on real MikroTik equipments and every LAB will be tested by end of each configuration to check if the goal is achieved the way we want.
During the course, I will explain in details and with LABS everything about DHCP, PPPoE, NAT, VLAN, QOS using PCQ queuing, Mangle using Prerouting/Postrouting and much more.
If you want to master all those topics, don't be late and register in my course and get started.
- Anyone who wants to start an Internet Service Provider (ISP) using MikroTik routers
- Anyone who works in an ISP and would like to gain more knowledge in way to distribute internet via MikroTik routers
Hello everyone. My name is Maher Haddad with a very long experience in the IT sector. I hold a Bachelor in Computer Communications and a Master in Computer science.
I work as a trainer and I hold the following certificates: CCNA, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CCDA, CCNP R&S, CCDP, Microsoft MCP, Microsoft MCSA , MikroTik MTCNA & MTCRE, MTCWE, MTCUME, MTCTCE, Huawei HCNA, CWTS, LigoWave NFT engineer, LigoWave DLB Engineer, GVF Level1, GVF level2, GVF Level3 and much more.....
My experience in IT goes to year 2003 and I have been working all my life for international Internet Service Providers (ISP's) in different countries in the world.
You can visit my Facebook page as well as my YouTube channel where I set a lot of online labs.
I hope you will enjoy watching my courses.
StartIntroduction to internet via DHCP (2:34)
PreviewLAB #2 - Configuring DHCP to 2 customers (17:49)
StartLAB #2 - Connect Customer 1 and customer 2 to the internet with NAT (9:47)
StartLAB #3 - Limiting the bandwidth speed of the 1st customer to 1Mbps full duplex (19:19)
StartLAB #3 - Limiting the bandwidth speed of the 2nd customer to 1.5Mbps full duplex (19:19)