OSPF on MikroTik with LABS (RouterOS v7)
Have an in-depth knowledge of OSPF and how to configure it on MikroTik RouterOS version 7
What Will I Learn?
- At the end of the course, students will learn how Link state routing protocol works
- How routers with OSPF routing can form neighborship
- How the DR and BDR are being elected, and what are their tasks in OSPF
- How to configure OSPF on a single and multi-areas
- How to change the election of DR and BDR in an area
- How to configure authentication on OSPF
- How to do load balancing on OSPF by adjust the cost metric
- What are the different routers types in OSPF (Internal router, ABR & ASBR)
- How to do the summarization of networks on the ABR
- How to connect all OSPF routers to the internet by redistributing the default route to the internet
- What are the different types of LSA's
- What are the different types of stub areas
- Understand and configure OSPF Virtual Link
- You should have already hands-on experience with MikroTik
- You should have basic knowledge about routing such as static routes & static default routes
- You should know the TCP/IP model
- You should have knowledge with IP addressing
OSPF routing protocol is one the best (if not the best) interior routing protocol that many networks' companies use it. It has a lot of features and it is very reliable to be configured on our networks' routers as a routing protocol - that's the good side of the story.
The bad side of the story: OSPF is a COMPLEX routing protocol to understand and to configure. Many network engineers working with MikroTik products find OSPF difficult and many of them try to replace it with a simple routing protocol which doesn't requires a lot of IT knowledge such as RIP. That's the easiest way to solve the problem, but believe it that RIP will become a big issue and will cause for you a lot of problems when your network becomes bigger with many routers.
For this reason, I have planned to design this course to go fully into OSPF and to show you how you can configure it on MikroTik RouterOS v7. During this course, I will pass through all OSPF topics & I will explain them in a very simple way then I will do a LAB on each of those topics to show you how you can configure this on MikroTik.
For the whole course, I will be using GNS3 emulator with the Free Mikrotik CHR license to be able to do my labs. If you are already an old students of my courses, then you may already know how to download/install GNS3 and make it work with the CHR image. With this method, you don't need to invest in buying physical MikroTik routers to follow my course.
So in brief, If you want to understand OSPF in the easiest way possible, don't wait to purchase this course so I can share my knowledge to you.
- Anyone who wants to know how to configure OSPF routing protocol on MikroTik RouterOS v7
- Any network engineer who would like to deploy OSPF on his network with MikroTik products
- Anyone would like to have knowledge in depth about OSPF as for the theoretical and practical part
Hello everyone. My name is Maher Haddad and I am a Certified MikroTik Trainer, Cisco Authorized Instructor and LigoWave Authorized Trainer.
I have decided to make this online school to share my knowledge to the community. All my courses are based on theory and hands-on LABS so you can practise while learning.
More than 100K happy students have joined mynetworktraining.com up to year 2022.
I hope you will enjoy watching my courses.
"The instructor in this lecture explains the protocols in a clear and easy to learn approach. I enjoyed this course and look forward to doing more courses offered by Mr. Maher Haddad. Hopefully a course in the near future. MPLS on Mikrotik routers."
- Jarvis Caines
"Great way of explanation."
- Ledis Levendis
"Nice course and very informative. The practical part of this course is awesome. OSPF protocol has many interesting mechanisms of routing. The author of this course really helps to understand them all. The next step is BGP! Thank you, Maher, for this great course!"
- Dmitry Arnautov
Frequently Asked Questions
This course is only available in the ALL ACCESS bundle, click here to learn more.