What you'll learn
- Understand the theory behind Multicast
- Understand and configure IGMP, PIM
- Understand and configure BSR Candidates and RP Candidates
- Understand and Configure IGMP Snooping
- Be familiar with MikroTik RouterOS
- What is Multicast and what are its components
- Multicast Layer 3 and Layer 2 Addresses
- Installing the Multicast Package on the MikroTik RouterOS
- Configuring Multicast using IGMP version 1
- Configuring Multicast using IGMP version 2
- Configuring Multicast using IGMP-Proxy
- Layer 3 Multicast (PIM) - Explanation
- Configuring PIM Multicast on MikroTik RouterOS
- Understanding PIM Bootstrap and RP Candidates
- Configuring PIM with BSR and RP Candidates
- Configuring the IGMP Snooping on a MikroTik Switch
To be able to follow this course, you should be familiar with MikroTik and have at least MTCNA level.
- Internet Service Providers using MikroTik RouterOS and interested in giving Multicast service to their customers
- MikroTik engineers interested to learn how to run Multicast on MikroTik RouterOS
Hello everyone. My name is Maher Haddad with a very long experience in the IT sector. I hold a Bachelor in Computer Communications and a Master in Computer science.
I work as a trainer and I hold the following certificates: CCNA, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CCDA, CCNP R&S, CCDP, Microsoft MCP, Microsoft MCSA , MikroTik MTCNA & MTCRE, MTCWE, MTCUME, MTCTCE, Huawei HCNA, CWTS, LigoWave NFT engineer, LigoWave DLB Engineer, GVF Level1, GVF level2, GVF Level3 and much more.....
My experience in IT goes to year 2003 and I have been working all my life for international Internet Service Providers (ISP's) in different countries in the world.
You can visit my Facebook page as well as my YouTube channel where I set a lot of online labs.
I hope you will enjoy watching my courses.