***This course is not officially sponsored by MikroTik and not an authorized course by MikroTik. We are neither affiliated with nor endorsed by MikroTik. We respect the Trademarks of the mentioned company and institution.***
What you'll learn
- Understand how to use DNS cache and Static DNS entries in MikroTik
- Understand what is DHCP Snooping and where to use it
- Understand in deep how packet flow works in MikroTik
- Deploy Firewall Filter rules to stop Ping Flood
- Deploy Firewall Filter rules to stop Syn Flood
- Deploy Firewall Filter rules to stop DOS Attacks
- Understand what is the function of Firewall Raw in MikroTik
- Understand what are the type of NAT in MikroTik (srcnat & dstnat)
- Understand how you can redirect traffic to the router itself
- Understand the 5 types of mangle chains and where to use them
- Understand the difference between connection mark and packet mark
- Understand the different types of QOS queuing available in MikroTik
- Understand the difference between Committed Information rate (CIR) and Burst traffic
- Understand how and where to use the priority in QOS
- Understand the difference between simple queue and Queue tree in MikroTik
- Know what are the queue types in MikroTik and understand how they work
- Have a minimum MTCNA knowledge
- Be familiar with the TCP/IP protol and the OSI model
- Have a basic experience with MikroTik
How to control traffic on MikroTik? A question that is always asked by students. If you have a network then you have traffic generated and the Mikrotik Router can control the traffic the way that you want.
For example you can create filter rules to filter the unwanted traffic passing via the router to the router itself. You can use the MikroTik firewall to block all type of attacks such as DOS, Ping flood, Syn Flood etc...
You can also create the QOS so you can classify the bandwidth based on type of traffic they do and you can prioritize important traffic. And much more things you can do with the control of your traffic on the MikroTik Router
In this course I am going to explain about all of these topics and will go in depth in each one of them.
This course will help you to be ready for the MikroTik MTCTCE exam and it will contain a lot of real LAB scenarios to explain in details the best way to make traffic control in your network.
Who is the target audience?
- Students who want to prepare for the MikroTik MTCTCE exam
- Engineers who would like to implement traffic control in their network
- Engineers who want to understand how packet flow works on MikroTik
- Engineers who want to deploy Firewall using MikroTik Router
- Engineers who want to deploy QOS on Mikrotik
Hello everyone. My name is Maher Haddad with a very long experience in the IT sector. I hold a Bachelor in Computer Communications and a Master in Computer science.
I work as a trainer and I hold the following certificates: CCNA, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CCDA, CCNP R&S, CCDP, Microsoft MCP, Microsoft MCSA , MikroTik MTCNA & MTCRE, MTCWE, MTCUME, MTCTCE, Huawei HCNA, CWTS, LigoWave NFT engineer, LigoWave DLB Engineer, GVF Level1, GVF level2, GVF Level3 and much more.....
My experience in IT goes to year 2003 and I have been working all my life for international Internet Service Providers (ISP's) in different countries in the world.
You can visit my Facebook page as well as my YouTube channel where I set a lot of online labs.
I hope you will enjoy watching my courses.
StartIntroduction to DHCP on MikroTik (4:49)
StartLAB 2 – Configure the MikroTik router as a DHCP server with Option 121 - Part 1 (17:00)
StartLAB 2 – Configure the MikroTik router as a DHCP server with Option 121 - Part 2 (9:39)
StartLAB 3 - Protect your network with DHCP Snooping (20:29)
PreviewLAB4 – Configure DHCP relay on MikroTik routers (20:08)