MikroTik Security Engineer with LABS
Become a MikroTik Security Professional and be ready for the MikroTik MTCSE examWatch Promo
***This course is not officially sponsored by MikroTik and not an authorized course by MikroTik. We are neither affiliated with nor endorsed by MikroTik. We respect the Trademarks of the mentioned company and institution.***
What you'll learn
- Configuring Port Knocking on MikroTik router
- Disable unnecessary protocol on the MikroTik Router
- Configure user management to allow particular users to login into the MikroTik Router
- Protect the MikroTik Router from Brute force attacks
- Protect the MikroTik router from DHCP starvation attacks
- Protect the MikroTik router from rogue DHCP servers using DHCP Snooping
- Protect the MikroTik router from ICMP flood attack
- Protoct the MikroTik router from all type of DOS attacks
- Understand how packet flow works in MikroTik routers
- Understand and configure PPTP tunnelling
- Understand and configure L2TP/IPSEC tunnelling
- Understand and configure IPSEC VPN tunnelling
- Understand how to configure Firewall rule using RAW table
- Configure Firewall protection against TCP SYN attacks
- Configure Firewall Protection against UDP attacks and prevention
- Understand and configure Certificates in MikroTik routers to secure connections to the router
- Configure Bridge filtering
- Configure the MikroTik Router to prevent all type of ports scan
- Understand the different type of Chains in the MikroTik Firewall
- Prevent MNDP attacks using the MikroTik Firewall
- Understand and configure SSTP tunnelling protocol with certificates
- Understand IPSEC IKEv1 & IKEv2
- Configure IPSEC site to site
- Have at least MikroTik MTCNA level
- Understand basic networking topics such as TCP/IP, OSI Layer, etc
- Have a good knowledge in MikroTik
As a network engineer, you have always a concern to protect your network from outside cyber attacks. This is most of the the time a challenge when it comes to deploy a security plan to your network.
MikroTik has an extensive firewall feature that can protect your network from all different types of Cyber attacks. The goal of this course is to show you all different steps using real LAB scenarios of how to protect your MikroTik router(s) from any type of cyber attacks and do not let hackers to compromise your network.
This course is based on the MikroTik MTCSE syllabus. So by taking this course, you will cover all the topics of the MikroTik MTCSE track and you will be ready for the exam.
In this course, I will issue cyber attacks to my MikroTik router to see what are the weaknesses available on the router and then show you how you can protect it. All the course will be based on Hands-on LABS that you can re-do them yourself after following this course.
In this course, I will discuss about all security concerns in MikroTik and how to protect your router(s). Some example of the topics that will be explained are:
• Attacks, mechanisms and services
• The most common threats
• RouterOS security deployment
• Packet flow, firewall chains
• Stateful firewall
• RAW table
• SYN flood mitigation
• RouterOS default configuration
• Best practices for management access
• Detecting an attack to critical infrastructure services
• Bridge filter
• Advanced options in firewall filter
• ICMP filtering
• MNDP attacks and prevention
• DHCP: rogue servers, starvation attacks and prevention
• TCP SYN attacks and prevention
• UDP attacks and prevention
• ICMP Smurf attacks and prevention
• FTP, telnet and SSH brute-force attacks and prevention
• Port scan detection and prevention
• Introduction to cryptography and terminology
• Encryption methods • Algorithms - symmetric, asymmetric
• Public key infrastructure (PKI)
• Port knocking
• Secure connections (HTTPS, SSH, WinBox)
• Default ports for the services
In addition of all those security topics, there is one module which explain about the VPN tunneling and will contain the following topics:
• Introduction to IPsec
• L2TP + IPsec
• SSTP with certificates
This course is ideal for Network engineers, technicians and students wanting to deploy and secure MikroTik device based networks. The content of this course is very rich and it has a lot of hands-on LABs so you are more familiar about the types of attacks and how to protect your MikroTik routers from them.
So, are you looking to become a MikroTik Security Professional and be ready for the MTCSE exam? If yes, please do not wait to enroll to my course.
- Students and engineers interested to understand how to deploy security in MikroTik
- Students and engineers who wants to be prepared for the MikroTik MTCSE exam
Hello everyone. My name is Maher Haddad and I am a Certified MikroTik Trainer, Cisco Authorized Instructor and LigoWave Authorized Trainer.
I have decided to make this online school to share my knowledge to the community. All my courses are based on theory and hands-on LABS so you can practise while learning.
More than 100K happy students have joined mynetworktraining.com up to year 2022.
I hope you will enjoy watching my courses.