What Will I Learn?
- Have a more secure network after securing the Mikrotik Router
- Configuring Port Knocking for login safety
- Disabling un-secure protocols like FTP, Telnet, www, api....
- Securing MikroTik LCD Screentouch access
- Allowing users to login to the router on a time interval
- Creating different users levels and manage users' groups
- Exploit the security holes on MikroTik and secure them
- Using "address-list" for Port Knocking security
- Using NMAP software to scan the vulnerabilities and open ports on the Mikrotik router
- Understand the different chains available in the firewall of the Mikrotik
- Unsderstand the correct usage of the Firewall chains: Input, Output, Forward
- Understand the different type of connections: New, Established, related, invalid
- Understand the different types of security measurement in MikroTik
- You should be familiar with winbox for MikroTik RouterOS
- You should have basic networking knowledge
- You should know the TCP/IP protocol
This course is designed for engineers who are working on MikroTik routers and who have them installed on their network.
MikroTik routers are very nice routers when it comes on the different packages that they have installed by default and features that you can configure, but they can be also very dangerous if we do not secure them correctly.
For this reason, I have designed with course with many LABs to show you how you can secure your MikroTik router and make it hard for intruders/attackers to profit from the vulnerabilities on your MikroTik router and gain access to your router and your network.
This course is based on different LABS which goes based on step-by-step and with a lot of explanation on each of the LABs.
I hope that you will enjoy it.
- Anyone interested in securing the MikroTik RouterOS
- Anyone who would like to implement security on his MikroTik router(s) at his job
Hello everyone. My name is Maher Haddad with a very long experience in the IT sector. I hold a Bachelor in Computer Communications and a Master in Computer science.
I work as a trainer and I hold the following certificates: CCNA, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CCDA, CCNP R&S, CCDP, Microsoft MCP, Microsoft MCSA , MikroTik MTCNA & MTCRE, MTCWE, MTCUME, MTCTCE, Huawei HCNA, CWTS, LigoWave NFT engineer, LigoWave DLB Engineer, GVF Level1, GVF level2, GVF Level3 and much more.....
My experience in IT goes to year 2003 and I have been working all my life for international Internet Service Providers (ISP's) in different countries in the world.
You can visit my Facebook page as well as my YouTube channel where I set a lot of online labs.
I hope you will enjoy watching my courses.
"Good course for beginners and intermediate. I liked that it is not long, information easily explained. Thanks a lot!"
- Ahmed A. Alastal
"Nice. I found good information here."
- Christian Sandu
"Congratulations to the teacher for the didactics in his classes!"
- João Alberto Barbosa D.