- Understand the different ways to connect MikroTik to GNS3
- Download and install the right version of GNS3
- Download and install the right version of Oracle VirtualBox
- Understand the different Tiers provide by MikroTik CHR
- Connect MikroTik CHR with GNS3 using QEMU
- Connect MikroTik CHR with GNS3 using VirtualBox
- Understand MikroTik ROMON and use this feature to connect to all Routers on GNS3
- Understand how to install Microsoft Loopback interface to be able to connect to the MikroTik CHR router on GNS3
- Configure all GNS3 MikroTik Routers to be connected to the internet
- You should be able to use the PC
- You should have the minimum IT knowledge
- You should be familiar with IP addressing
If you are a MikroTik engineer or a student learning MikroTik, you surely require to do LABS in order to understand better what you are learning. Sometimes the LAB can go to over 5-10 routers and it will be very costly in case you want to buy all those routers.
For this reason, I have designed this course to show you how you can create MikroTik LABS to emulate MikroTik RouterOS Version 7 which is the latest RouterOS version and use them to do the LAB scenario that you want to do, and it will work as you are connecting to real MikroTik Routers, and yes it is free of charge solution.
With this solution that I am showing you on this course, you can create the LAB scenario that you want and practice the LAB that you want using GNS3 software combined with VirtualBox or QEMU and of course with the use of the MikroTik CHR image version 7.
In addition of that, you will learn how you can provide internet service to the virtual MikroTik routers which are in GNS3 so in case your LAB scenario requires to have internet service.
The course is based on LABS and I will show step by step with a very simple way how you can build up this solution to work for you.
I hope you will enjoy my course.
- Anyone who would like to make MikroTik LABs without the need of purchasing MikroTik routers
Hello everyone. My name is Maher Haddad with a very long experience in the IT sector. I hold a Bachelor in Computer Communications and a Master in Computer science.
I work as a trainer and I hold the following certificates: CCNA, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CCDA, CCNP R&S, CCDP, Microsoft MCP, Microsoft MCSA , MikroTik MTCNA & MTCRE, MTCWE, MTCUME, MTCTCE, Huawei HCNA, CWTS, LigoWave NFT engineer, LigoWave DLB Engineer, GVF Level1, GVF level2, GVF Level3 and much more.....
My experience in IT goes to year 2003 and I have been working all my life for international Internet Service Providers (ISP's) in different countries in the world.
You can visit my Facebook page as well as my YouTube channel where I set a lot of online labs.
I hope you will enjoy watching my courses.
"Bravo, very high level of competence, thanks!"
- Rahli Rabah