What you'll learn
- Understand MikroTik settings for a better network management
- Understand the difference in IP neighbor prior the RouterOS v6.41 and above it
- Understand how to allow/disallow IP neighbor discovery using Interface lists
- Understand and configure the MikroTik router to get connected to the internet via LTE 4G USB Stick
- Distribute internet from the MikroTik Router using the LTE 4G USB Stick
- Understand how you can use the MikroTik Router USB port with the USB flash disk
- Understand how to format a USB flash disk from the MikroTik router
- Configure logging to be saved in the USB flash disk
- Understand how you can use USB to LAN converter to have an additional Ethernet port on the MikroTik Router
- Connect the internet service to the USB to LAN adaptor
- Understand and configure RoMON to connect to MikroTik routers independently from L2 and L3 connectivity
- Configure RoMON to run over EOIP
- Understand and configure system backup via MikroTik Cloud
- Run a script which upload periodically the system back to the MikroTik Cloud
- Understand how you can use MikroTik Mobile App on your smart phones
- Understand the difference on the MikroTik Mobile App between Android and IOS operating systems
- Understand the usage of the Server Message Block (SMB) on MikroTik
- Configure SMB correctly on MikroTik using a USB flash disk
- Configure Folder sharing and creating write/read only users on the SMB
- Basic Networking and TCP/IP knowledge
- Familiar with MikroTik Winbox tool
As being a network engineer, you would need to manage your network correctly. Fortunately, MikroTik provide us a lot of features and tools that are available on the MikroTik Router so we are able to manage on our network in a better way.
Some of those features are also unknown for engineers and some are hidden, so my task is to show them for you and show their tasks so you can use them in your network.
In this course, will explain and show you how you can use the following features from MikroTik:
- MikroTik Kid Control
- MikroTik Neighbor Discovery
- MikroTik Router Management Overlay Network (RoMON)
- IP Cloud System Back on MikroTik
- MikroTik application for smart phones/tablets
- MikroTik USB Management
- MikroTik Server Message Block (SMB)
In each of those topics, I will do a lot of LABS so you can see practically how this can work then you can easily apply it on your network.
If you want to have a better management of your network using MikroTik, I advise you to join this course and learn the best features and tools for network management that MikroTik is providing to us.
See you in the course.
Who this course is for:
- MikroTik engineers interested in developing skills to manage better their networks using MikroTik Routers
- Students who are interested in learning more features in MikroTik
Hello everyone. My name is Maher Haddad and I am a Certified MikroTik Trainer, Cisco Authorized Instructor and LigoWave Authorized Trainer.
I have decided to make this online school to share my knowledge to the community. All my courses are based on theory and hands-on LABS so you can practise while learning.
More than 100K happy students have joined mynetworktraining.com up to year 2022.
I hope you will enjoy watching my courses.