MikroTik Monitoring with LABS
Centralize the monitoring of your MikroTik & other devices using MikroTik The Dude softwareWatch Promo
What you'll learn
- Monitor the traffic usage per user IP
- Understand what is the difference between The Dude Server and The Dude client
- Know on which MikroTik Router Architecture The Dude server can be installed
- Understand what are the main functions of The Dude
- Download and install the Dude server on the right MikroTik RouterBoard
- Download and install the Dude client on the PC and connect it to the Dude server
- Know how to scan a network to discover the network devices on the Dude
- Know how to add links between devices on the Dude
- Understand the different link mastering type: simple, RouterOS & SNMP
- Understand the use of submap
- Understand the settings in the Dude Devices (General, Polling, Services, Outages)
- Understand the settings in the Dude Devices (SNMP, RouterOS, History, Tools)
- Understand how to change the router picture and the color
- Understand how to use the variables and OID to monitor objetcs
- Understand how to use the predefined tools on the Dude for Troubleshooting
- Understand how to add SSH and Winbox tools to work on The Dude
- Understand what is the function of the Notifications in The Dude
- Understand how to configure Notifications on the devices using beep, popup, log to event, sound, email and group
- Understand how to use Telegram application to get notification from The Dude server on any event that happens
- Basic TCP/IP and OSI model knoweldge
- Basic networking knowedge
In every production network, monitoring is an essence. What if you can do monitoring with very advanced features and the software that you get is for FREE? Yes that's possible. MikroTik offer The Dude software free of charge. This software is used to monitor network devices, controlling them using its tools and getting notifications once a problem on the device occur.
However, making The Dude up and running is not very easy and many engineers don't know how to use it. For this reason, I have designed this course which speaks in details about MikroTik The Dude and its features using practical LABS so you can apply this directly to your network.
Additionally, I have added a lecture in the 1st section of the course showing how you can monitor the bandwidth traffic used by each user per IP on graphs. This is independent from The Dude itself.
If you want to monitor your network devices correctly using MikroTik The Dude software and know what this software can give you as features, I advise you to join this course and I am sure that I will help you to understand this topic.
- MikroTik engineers interested to use the Dude in their network for monitoring
- IT Students interested in increasing their knowledge in MikroTik
Hello everyone. My name is Maher Haddad and I am a Certified MikroTik Trainer, Cisco Authorized Instructor and LigoWave Authorized Trainer.
I have decided to make this online school to share my knowledge to the community. All my courses are based on theory and hands-on LABS so you can practise while learning.
More than 100K happy students have joined mynetworktraining.com up to year 2022.
I hope you will enjoy watching my courses.
Start5- The Dude installation - Introduction (1:12)
Preview6- Installing the Dude server and client (16:59)
Start7- Adding Links between devices on the Dude (15:14)
Start9- Configure Devices in the Dude (General, Polling, Services, Outages) (23:29)
Start8- Creating Submaps in the Dude (11:15)
Start10- Configure Devices in the Dude (SNMP, RouterOS, History, Tools) (11:08)
Start11- Changing the Dude appearance (pictures, variables, OID) (15:08)