MikroTik LABS for Beginners
This course guides you to work on MikroTik RouterOS and discover the essential features in it.
- Understand what is MikroTik and where it is located
- Understand the difference between RouterOS and RouterBOARD
- Know how to get 1st access on the MikroTik router using WebFig
- Understand how to use Quick Set to make your router working
- Understand the usage of the Winbox utility to connect to the router via MAC address
- Understand the difference between Telnet and SSH and how to use them to connect to the MikroTik router
- Understand the basic command line syntax's on MikroTik terminal
- Know how to connect the MikroTik router to the internet
- Understand how to configure DHCP client
- Understand how to share internet to the LAN PCs using the NAT
- Be able to troubleshoot internet connection problem on your MikroTik router and your LAN PCs
- Know how to upgrade the RouterOS via 3 different ways
- Understand the function of the RouterBOOT & how you can upgrade it
- Understand how to create users and custom groups
- Understand how to use Public and Private keys to connect via SSH
- Managing RouterOS Services
- Understand the difference between the Binary and export backup
- Understand how to reset the RouterOS configuration from Winbox
- Understand how to do Hardware reset on RouterOS routers
- Understand how to use Netinstall to reflash the MikroTik RoutersOS
- Understand the different type of licenses for RouterOS and CHR
- Basic networking skills
- Knowledge of the TCP/IP protocol
- Basic computer skills
Do you want to configure MikroTik RouterOS and you don't know how to start? Is your task to do basic configuration on the MikroTik Router but you don't have experience how to use it? If yes, then this course is for you.
I have designed this course to help you having first hand contact with MikroTik products. This is for beginners who don't have any previous experience or knowledge on MikroTik products.
You will learn in this course many different topics such as knowing the different type of RouterBoards products, what is RouterOS, how to get 1st access to the MikroTik router using Winbox, Telnet and SSH, how to configure the router to provide internet access to inside users, how to do backup and restore of the configuration, how to re-flash the MikroTik RouterOS, what are the different licenses levels available in MikroTik and much more than that.
To be able to follow this course, it is ideal to have 2 MikroTik Routers, alternatively you can use GNS3 with CHR images.
If you are looking to start learning MikroTik, this course is the best place to start with.
I look forward seeing you in the course.
- This course is meant to be for network engineers and students with no experience with MikroTik
Hello everyone. My name is Maher Haddad and I am a Certified MikroTik Trainer, Cisco Authorized Instructor and LigoWave Authorized Trainer.
I have decided to make this online school to share my knowledge to the community. All my courses are based on theory and hands-on LABS so you can practise while learning.
More than 100K happy students have joined mynetworktraining.com up to year 2022.
I hope you will enjoy watching my courses.
"This video course is excellent to get an insight into MikroTik Router setup."
- Helmut Bartens
"Its Fantastic! Thank You"
- Arthur John Henning
"Excellent course.Ideal for beginners.Im very happy with this Mikrotik Labs.Thank You!!!"
- Juan Adolfo Arce
Preview3- Introduction First Time Access to the MikroTik Router (1:02)
Start4- First Time Access Quick Set and WebFig (Part 1) (8:16)
Start5- First Time Access Quick Set and WebFig (Part 2) (14:39)
Start6- Connecting to the MikroTik Router via Winbox on MAC and IP (13:52)
Start7- Connecting to the MikroTik Router via Telnet and SSH (13:58)