MikroTik Hotspot with User Manager
Building a wireless hotspot using MikroTik and managing the hotspots using MikroTik User ManagerWatch Promo
What Will I Learn?
- Be able to configure MikroTik Hotspot from A to Z
- Be able to understand what are the different options available on MikroTik hotspot and know when and where to use them
- Understand how to create profiles and account for users to get connected to the internet with the hotspot
- Understand what Walled Garden is and where to use it
- Understand what IP Binding is and where to use it
- Limit the bandwidth for the hotspot users using the bandwidth profiles
- Install a new captive portal theme to the MikroTik Hotspot
- Know how to generate automatic vouchers for users to be able to connect to the internet via the hotspot
- Be able to connect the User Manager to the MikroTik hotspot router
- Know how to backup the User Manager database
- Be able to retrieve the password of the User Manager in case lost
- Configuring QOS for users who are connected to the internet via the hotspot
- You are familiar with TCP/IP protocol
- You have basic knowledge in networking
- You have basic knowledge in wireless technology
Have you ever been in a cafe, restaurant or a park where they offer internet on wireless? You normally get connected to their Wi-Fi and it is mostly asking you to enter a username and a password to be able to get access to the internet - This is what a hotspot is.
You, as a MikroTik network engineer, may be asked to install and configure a Wireless hotspot in your company or at your customer place and things look too complicated to you to do this task. This course will help to go step by step using a lot of LABs to understand how to install a wireless hotspot and what are the best tips needed to be used to have the hotspot working well.
In this course, I will start installing the hotspot from scratch and I will go through all the options available in the hotspot. Things like user management, profiles, bandwidth limitation, Walled garden, hotspot advertisement, IP binding, connecting the hotspot to the user Manager, generating vouchers for users and many other topics will be covered in this course so you have the full knowledge of how to configure the wireless hotspot when being asked.
The course will be based on LABs to make things very easy to you when you want to deploy this in your real network. The LABs are designed on step-by-step methodology which is always used in all my courses.
If you are interested to learn how to configure wireless hotspot on MikroTik, then join me in this course and let's get started.
- Anyone interested to build a Wireless hotspot from scratch
- Network engineers who wants to develop their knowledge in MikroTik hotspot
- Network engineers who are already managing Mikrotik hotspot(s) in combination with MikroTik User Manager
Hello everyone. My name is Maher Haddad and I am a Certified MikroTik Trainer, Cisco Authorized Instructor and LigoWave Authorized Trainer.
I have decided to make this online school to share my knowledge to the community. All my courses are based on theory and hands-on LABS so you can practise while learning.
More than 100K happy students have joined mynetworktraining.com up to year 2022.
I hope you will enjoy watching my courses.
StartLAB #3 - Setting up Cookies and trial profile (15:56)
StartLAB #4 - Limit user uptime based on time or upload download traffic (15:01)
StartLAB #5 - Creating users profile for speed limitation - Part1 (15:54)
StartLAB #5 - Creating users profile for speed limitation - Part2 (7:51)
StartLAB #6 - Advertising on the hotspot (19:25)
StartLAB #7 - Bypass user authentication on hotspot using IP Bindings (10:04)
StartLAB #8 – Allow access to a website without hotspot authentication using Walled Garden (13:16)
StartLAB #9 – Changing the look of captive portal (19:59)
StartLAB #10 – Hotspot Https redirect using self-signed certificate (15:47)