What you'll learn
- Understand how to configure BGP peer
- Understand how to configure BGP prefix advertisement
- Understand how to remove Private AS
- Understand how to configure BGP in a single homed stub network
- Configuring BGP Mutihomed stub network for ISP's failover
- Configuring BGP Mutihomed non-stub network
- Configuring Failover and Load-Balancing on BGP Mutihomed non-stub network
- Usage of Route Filter to accept and discard advertised prefixes the way in and out
- Understand what BGP Community is
- Configure BGP community with AS Prepend Path
- Understand the well-known BGP communities and difference between no export and no advertise
- Configure no export BGP Community
- Configure no advertise BGP Community
- Understand what BGP aggregate can do
- Configure BGP aggregate w/o Inherit Attributes
- Understand what is BGP Route Reflector
- Configure BGP Route Reflector inside an AS to reduce number of iBGP peers
- Understand what is BGP Confederation
- Configure BGP Route Confederation inside an AS to reduce number of iBGP peers
- Student should have an intermediate level of knowledge on BGP protocol
- Familiar with MikroTik RouterOS
BGP is the routing protocol of the internet. In case you are working in an ISP or an intermediate to big company, you will surely have to work with the Border Gateway Protocol (BGP). However, configuring this routing protocol is a challenge because it is very complex and there are a lot of topics inside BGP to know them.
For this reason, I have designed this course which is the 2nd course for BGP on MikroTik, but this one goes to the advanced level after I have explained the entry to intermediate level in my other course which is "BGP on MikroTik with LABS - From Entry to Intermediate level"
So this course will go into advanced level in BGP and will contain a lot of LABS.
Topics that this course will cover are:
- Singlehomed BGP for stub networks
- Multihomed BGP for stub networks
- Multihomed BGP for non-stub networks (including Load balancing and Failover)
- BGP Remove AP private
- BGP Communities
- BGP route reflector
- BGP aggregate
- BGP Confederation
- and much more...
If you want to master the topics of BGP in MikroTik on the advanced level, this I advise you to enroll in my course and I am sure that by end of the course you will have a good understanding of how to configure Advanced BGP on MikroTik RouterOS.
Who this course is for:
- Engineers working on Internet Service Providers (ISP's)
- Engineers who want to run their own Autonomous System (AS) and advertise their prefixes to the internet via BGP
Hello everyone. My name is Maher Haddad and I am a Certified MikroTik Trainer, Cisco Authorized Instructor and LigoWave Authorized Trainer.
I have decided to make this online school to share my knowledge to the community. All my courses are based on theory and hands-on LABS so you can practise while learning.
More than 100K happy students have joined mynetworktraining.com up to year 2022.
I hope you will enjoy watching my courses.
Start6- What is BGP Multihomed for non-Stub Network (2:31)
Start7- LAB scenario - Explanation (6:59)
Start8- Configure BGP Multihomed non-Stub Network - Part1 (17:09)
Start9- Configure BGP Multihomed non-Stub Network - Part2 (22:35)
Start10- Configuring Load Balancing and Failover on BGP using Route Filters (20:35)
Start11- Testing Load Balancing and Failover on BGP Multihomed non-stub network (12:07)