Learn MikroTik ROUTE with Hands-on LABS from scratch
This course guides you to learn & configure routing on MikrotTik from scratch using GNS3 emulator & CHR RouterOS
What Will I Learn?
- Understand why we need routing in our network
- Understand how to install GNS3 software and connect RouterOS CHR image to it
- Understand how to create Mikrotik lab environments using GNS3 software
- Connect your real PC to GNS3 Mikrotik Router
- Understand the difference between IGP vs EGP routing
- Understand the difference between Distance vector vs Link state routing protocols
- Understand how and where to apply static route and default static route
- Understand how to configure static floating route for link failover
- Understand how to configure ECMP on Mikrotik routers for Load-Balancing
- Understand the theory/concept of RIP routing protocol
- Configure RIP on Mikrotik routers
- Configure RIPv1 and RIPv2 on Mikrotik routers and troubleshoot them
- Configure RIP authentication using the plain-text and the MD5 method
- Configure neighbor routers on RIP and redistribute a connected route to RIP
- You should be familiar with TCP/IP Protocol
- You should have basic networking knowledge
- You should have beginner knoweldge level in Mikrotik
In every network we require to have routing. However, if routing is not configured correctly then we may face a lot of problems. For this reason, I have designed this course to show you how you can configure routing in MikroTik routers to keep your network operational, functional and scalable.
This course is ideal for students & professionals who are interested to learn routing in MikroTik. Part of this course will be dedicated to show how youcan use GNS3 emulator software with CHR image from Mikrotik to be able to design Labs for testing purposes. This solution is the best for those who would like to learn Routing in MikroTik but do not want to invest in buying couple of MikroTik routers to be able to follow this course.
Topics that will be covered in this course are: What is routing, install GNS3 with CHR image, IGP vs EGP, Distance vector vs Link State, Static route, default static route, floating static route for failover, ECMP for load-balancing & RIP Routing Protocol in depth.
This course will contains 30% theoretical part and 70% LABs with real scenarios configuration on MikroTik routers. The labs will be based on step-by-step configuration with a testing part by end of each lab to check if the configuration that we have done is working the way we want. Total number of LABs are 10 in this course, so be ready for a lot of fun with MikroTik Routing.
- This course is for students who would like to learn more about Routing and how to apply it on Mikrotik routers
- This course is for professional to help them designing Routing in their jobs using Mikrotik routers
- This course is for anyone who would like to learn Routing concepts and how to apply them on Mikrotik router
Hello everyone. My name is Maher Haddad with a very long experience in the IT sector. I hold a Bachelor in Computer Communications and a Master in Computer science.
I work as a trainer and I hold the following certificates: CCNA, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CCDA, CCNP R&S, CCDP, Microsoft MCP, Microsoft MCSA , MikroTik MTCNA & MTCRE, MTCWE, MTCUME, MTCTCE, Huawei HCNA, CWTS, LigoWave NFT engineer, LigoWave DLB Engineer, GVF Level1, GVF level2, GVF Level3 and much more.....
My experience in IT goes to year 2003 and I have been working all my life for international Internet Service Providers (ISP's) in different countries in the world.
You can visit my Facebook page as well as my YouTube channel where I set a lot of online labs.
I hope you will enjoy watching my courses.
"Lecture is very instructive, orderly, and timely information is simplified by lab examples."
- Troy Jones
"The routing protocols discussed in this course was presented clearly and efficiently with lots of detail explanation. I would recommend this course to my colleges."
- Jarvis Caines
"It's very useful course for people who want to understand how LAN and WAN-networks work."
- Dmitry Arnautov