IPSEC VPN Tunnel on MikroTik
Understand how IPSEC tunneling protocol works and know how to apply it correctly on MikroTik RouterOS
What you'll learn
- Understand what is VPN
- Understand what is IPSEC
- Understand the 4 features of IPSEC
- Understand why IPSEC is a protocol suite
- Understand the Protocols used in the IPSEC features
- Understand IPSEC modes of communications
- Understand IPSEC Transport mode
- Understand IPSEC Tunnel mode
- Understand what is Symmetric key encryption
- Understand what is Asymmetric key encryption
- Understand how DH works to share the secret key in a secure way
- Understand the encryption protocols such as: DES, 3DES, AES, Blowfish, Camellia, RSA & DH
- Understand Data Integrity using Hashing algorithms such as: MD5, SHA1, SHA256, SHA512
- Understand the types of IPSEC authentication: Pre-shared key vs Certificate
- Understand IPSEC Negotiation Protocols: AH vs ESP
- Understand the IPSEC negotiation process
- Understand what is the initiator to start the IPSEC VPN
- Understand IKE Phase 1 (ISAKMP)
- Understand the difference between Main and Aggressive mode on IKE Phase 1
- Understand IKE Phase 2
- Understand what is PFS Group
- Understand the difference between IKEv1 & IKEv2
- Configuring IPSEC site-to-site using IKEv1
- Configuring IPSEC site-to-site using IKEv2
- Have a TCP/IP knowledge
- Have an experience with networking
- Ideally have an MTCNA certificate
Internet Protocol Security, or what is known as IPSEC, is a VPN protocol suite widely used nowadays in our network to connect 2 or more offices securely to each other using the public internet service, and this will save for companies a lot of cost and time instead of using dedicated leased lines between their offices.
However, configuring IPSEC correctly is a challenge because IPSEC is considered as a Framework protocol which has many sub-protocols and phases under its umbrella.
I have designed this course to help you to understand how IPSEC works, that means that big part of this course is going to be a theoretical part explaining in details all parts of IPSEC. During this course, I will explain also about a lot of security terms that we always hear and is used on IPSEC such as: Encryption, Hashing, Authentication, Deffie-Hellman, Symmetric and Asymmetric keys, etc.....
After the theoretical part, I am going to do LABs where I will show you how to configure correctly IPSEC on MikroTik Routers and we will test it to see if it works good. The LABs will include both versions of IPSEC which are IKEv1 and IKEv2.
That's in brief what I am going to do in this course, of course more details will be shown in the lessons.
I can't wait to see you in my course.
- Students who want to learn and understand how IPSEC works and know how to configure it on MikroTik RouterOS
- Engineers who want to apply IPSEC tunneling protocol in their networks
Hello everyone. My name is Maher Haddad and I am a Certified MikroTik Trainer, Cisco Authorized Instructor and LigoWave Authorized Trainer.
I have decided to make this online school to share my knowledge to the community. All my courses are based on theory and hands-on LABS so you can practise while learning.
More than 100K happy students have joined mynetworktraining.com up to year 2022.
I hope you will enjoy watching my courses.
Start3- What is IPSEC - Intro (1:37)
Start4- What is IPSEC - Explanation (9:10)
Start5- IPSEC Protocol suite explained (5:14)
Start6- IPSEC modes of communication - Transport vs Tunnel mode (8:16)
Start7- Types of Encryption - Symmetric vs Asymmetric (5:57)
Start8- Security over the internet using IPSEC (14:47)
Preview9- Encyption Protocols (DES-3DES-AES-Blowfish-Camellia-RSA-DH) (15:30)
Start10- Data Integrity - Hashing Algorithms (MD5 - SHA1 - SHA256 - SHA512) (8:52)
Start11- IPSEC Authentication (Pre-shared key vs Certificates) (8:47)
Start12- IPSEC Negotiation Protocols (AH vs ESP) (8:10)
Start13- IPSEC Negotiation Process - Introduction (1:00)
Start14- IPSEC Negotiation Process and choices of IPSEC interesting traffic (9:04)
Start15- IPSEC IKE Phase 1 (ISAKMP Tunnel) (8:40)
Start16- IPSEC IKE Phase 1 (Main vs Aggressive mode) (5:42)
Start17- IPSEC IKE Phase 2 (IPSEC Tunnel) (7:02)
Start18- IPSEC Data Transfer (2:59)
Start19- Difference between IKEv1 and IKEv2 (5:45)