- Configure DHCP Client on the MikroTik Router
- Configure DHCP server on the MikroTik Router
- Configure the wireless on the MikroTik Router
- Configure Network Address Translation on the MikroTik Router
- Test if the MikroTik router acts as a Wireless Access point router
- You should have basic computer knowledge
- You should have basic networking knowledge
- You should have basic knowledge of IP addressing
- You should have a MikroTik Routerboard supporting the wireless package
If you have a MikroTik router at home or at work which you don't know how to configure it to become a Wireless Access Point Router, this course can help you to achieve this.
Configuring the MikroTik router can be a challenge for many users specially those who are not working in IT. But MikroTik can provide you very important features that you may not see them in other vendors, so learning how to configure the MikroTik router is very essential.
During this course, I am going to show you step-by-step how to configure your MikroTik router to become a wireless Access Point. We will pass through many different topics such as: Upgrading the RouterOS, DHCP client configuration, DHCP server configuration, Bridge, IP address assignment on interfaces, NAT configuration and much more.
This course will help you to feel more familiar with the MikroTik router by using the Winbox tool that I am going to use it during this course. Also this course will be based on RouterOS version 7 which is the latest version used by MikroTik
If you have any question(s) or justification(s) during the course, you can always write me and I will answer all your questions ASAP.
- This course is for students and employees who would like to know how to configure the MikroTik Router to act as a Wireless Access Point
Hello everyone. My name is Maher Haddad with a very long experience in the IT sector. I hold a Bachelor in Computer Communications and a Master in Computer science.
I work as a trainer and I hold the following certificates: CCNA, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CCDA, CCNP R&S, CCDP, Microsoft MCP, Microsoft MCSA , MikroTik MTCNA & MTCRE, MTCWE, MTCUME, MTCTCE, Huawei HCNA, CWTS, LigoWave NFT engineer, LigoWave DLB Engineer, GVF Level1, GVF level2, GVF Level3 and much more.....
My experience in IT goes to year 2003 and I have been working all my life for international Internet Service Providers (ISP's) in different countries in the world.
You can visit my Facebook page as well as my YouTube channel where I set a lot of online labs.
I hope you will enjoy watching my courses.
"Simple and clear, step by step explanation."
- Donald Wari
"A simple effective course on how to set up a router at home."
- Daniel Niemczok
- Taiziweyi Richard Kudinha
Start1- Demonstrating the MikroTik router (3:02)
Start2- Connect to the MikroTik Router via Winbox and Upgrade it to RouterOS v7 (7:27)
Start3- Configure DHCP client on the interface connected to the ISP (4:31)
Start4- Configure Bridge Interface on the MikroTik router (4:04)
Start5- Configure the MikroTik router as a DHCP server to assign IP addresses (7:53)
Start6- Configure NAT and Wireless then test the configuration (9:25)