What you'll learn
- Configure the Router to share internet to inside users
- Configure the MikroTik CRS to be a switch
- Configure DHCP Server and NAT on the Router
- Download and install Ubiquiti Discovery Device tool
- Download and install Ubiquiti Network Controller on Windows OS
- Adopting the UniFi AP to the controller
- Configure the wireless setting to the UniFi AP can provide wireless internet service using WPA PSK
- Configure the UniFi AP to provide Guest portal using a simple password for Guests
- Basic TCP/IP knowledge
Ubiquiti UniFi wireless products are very reliable and efficient products when it comes to wireless technology. However, they require some knowledge so the engineers are able to configure them. For this reason, I have decided to do this Free of Charge course to give you an idea of what UniFi AP can do and how to configure them to provide wireless internet service to the end users.
In this course, I will use a MikroTik Router and a MikroTik Switch and I will configure them, then I will configure the Ubiquiti UniFi AP.
To be able to follow this course, you need the following:
1- A router to do the DHCP and NAT (preferably a MikroTik HAP lite)
2- A Switch (any Layer 2 switch)
3- Ubiquiti UniFi AP AC Lite
4- A PC
5- Internet Connectivity
6- UTP short cables
In this course, I will show you how to download and install Ubiquiti Network Controller on a Windows PC to be able to configure the UniFi AP for both normal internet wireless and for Guests.
This course will be based on LABS, so if you want to get first hands-on to Ubiquiti UniFi AP all you need to do is to register to this course and I am sure that I will help you to get the knowledge needed for this.
- Students and Engineers interested in configuring basic stuff on the Ubiquiti UniFi AP to provide internet wirelessly
Hello everyone. My name is Maher Haddad with a very long experience in the IT sector. I hold a Bachelor in Computer Communications and a Master in Computer science.
I work as a trainer and I hold the following certificates: CCNA, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CCDA, CCNP R&S, CCDP, Microsoft MCP, Microsoft MCSA , MikroTik MTCNA & MTCRE, MTCWE, MTCUME, MTCTCE, Huawei HCNA, CWTS, LigoWave NFT engineer, LigoWave DLB Engineer, GVF Level1, GVF level2, GVF Level3 and much more.....
My experience in IT goes to year 2003 and I have been working all my life for international Internet Service Providers (ISP's) in different countries in the world.
You can visit my Facebook page as well as my YouTube channel where I set a lot of online labs.
I hope you will enjoy watching my courses.