I would like to give you an update about the latest course from MikroTik that was officially added on their courses track which is MTCSE.
MTCSE means: MikroTik Certified Security Engineer. From the course name, you can understand that it is all about Security on MikroTik. To be able to follow this course, you need to hold the MTCNA certificate which is a requirement to do the MTCSE exam.
The course is designed into 6 modules. Via those 6 modules you will get a full understanding of types of attacks that may encounter on your MikroTik routers and what are the configurations needed to do on your MikroTik routers in order to protect them from those attacks.
You will understand in details the following security concerns:
• Attacks, mechanisms and services
• The most common threats
• RouterOS security deployment
• Packet flow, firewall chains
• Stateful firewall
• RAW table
• SYN flood mitigation using RAW table
• RouterOS default configuration
• Best practices for management access
• Detecting an attack to critical infrastructure services
• Bridge filter
• Advanced options in firewall filter
• ICMP filtering
• MNDP attacks and prevention
• DHCP: rogue servers, starvation attacks and prevention
• TCP SYN attacks and prevention
• UDP attacks and prevention
• ICMP Smurf attacks and prevention
• FTP, telnet and SSH brute-force attacks and prevention
• Port scan detection and prevention
• Introduction to cryptography and terminology
• Encryption methods • Algorithms - symmetric, asymmetric
• Public key infrastructure (PKI)
• Self-signed certificates
• Free of charge valid certificates
• Using the certificates in RouterOS
• Port knocking
• Secure connections (HTTPS, SSH, WinBox)
• Default ports for the services
• Tunneling through SSH
In addition of all those security topic, there is one module which explain about the VPN tunnelling and will contain the following topics:
• Introduction to IPsec
• L2TP + IPsec
• SSTP with certificates
The course duration is for 2 days and is provided by Authorized Mikrotik Trainers. If you want to search for the course availability in your region, you can visit MikroTik website on the following URL: https://mikrotik.com/training/centers
By end of the course, you require to do an exam and in case you pass successfully you become an MTCSE certified engineer and your certificate will be valid for 3 years.
This course is ideal for Network engineers and technicians wanting to deploy
and maintain secure MikroTik device based networks. The content of this course is very rich and it has a lot of hands-on LABs so you are more familiar about the types of attacks and how to protect your MikroTik routers from them.
If you want to have more information about the MTCSE course, you can visit the following URL: https://i.mt.lv/cdn/training_pdf/mtcse_outline_2019181161836.pdf
So, are you going to become an MTCSE certified before the end of the 2019?????